Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory illness that has been classified as a pandemic due to its international spread. Most cases are mild, but hospital care may be needed for others. The current climate is ever-changing from day-to-day. Ozarks Healthcare recommends that members of the community follow CDC Guidelines even if you are not ill and don’t have symptoms to help prevent the spread and flatten the curve.
Symptoms and preventative measure can be found on the CDC website. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
Ozarks Healthcare COVID-19 Hotline
As the community spread of COVID-19 has increased, Ozarks Healthcare has upgraded the COVID-19 Hotline to 4 operators, available 7 days a week, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
To find out how you can be tested with the most accurate testing methods available through a convenient drive-thru option after consultation with a provider, call the Ozarks Healthcare COVID-19 Hotline at 417-505-7120.
For more information on testing:
CDC Diagnostic Testing Information
Beginning July 14, Ozarks Healthcare modified visitor restrictions to allow each patient admitted to the hospital to have one visitor, per day from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Visitors will be screened at the point of entrance at Main Surgery Entrance (not Emergency Dept) and asked to wear a mask.
- Each patient will be required to have the same visitor for the duration of their stay.
- Each visitor will be required to remain in the patient’s room at all times.
Please note that there will be several exceptions to the above:
- Emergency Department: One visitor (18 years and older) per patient, per day.)
- End-of-life care: The patient’s clinical team can make exceptions at their discretion.
- Pediatrics: One parent or guardian per day. (This includes all patients under 18 years old.)
- Labor and Delivery and Postpartum: One support person for labor and delivery patients.
Virtual Visits Available:
Ozarks Healthcare providers are committed to improving the quality of life for all the people in our region through accessible healthcare services. Our medical staff and health care professionals are here to provide personalized, high-quality medical services and we will continue to take a proactive role in being responsive to your community's needs.
If you would like to be seen while adhering to social distancing, please contact your Ozarks Healthcare provider to schedule a virtual visit. A virtual visit is a high-quality virtual face-to-face video and audio visit allowing you to speak with your provider in a secure and personal way. Click here to find an Ozarks Healthcare Provider.