OMC Rehabilitation hosts Running Clinic December 12
Ozarks Medical Center (OMC) Rehabilitation Services’ will hold a running clinic on December 12, at 6 p.m., at the West Plains Civic Center’s Walnut Room.
OMC Physical Therapists, who are long-time runners, will discuss all things running and get runners ready for their next race, just in time for the Heart of the Ozarks Half Marathon and 10K.
Runners of all levels will learn about:
- Common running injuries and how to avoid them.
- Dynamic warm-up, foam rolling and core exercises for runners.
- Novice and intermediate training programs for the half marathon and 10K.
- Lacing techniques for best shoe fit.
- Complimentary injury screens.
The Heart of the Ozarks half marathon will be held on February 15, in West Plains to benefit the West Plains Running Club (WPRC). WPRC is a 501(c)(3) foundation whose mission is to encourage and foster the sport of distance running in the youth of West Plains and the surrounding area. One hundred percent of profits go to the foundation. For more information about the Heart of the Ozarks half marathon, please visit www.heartoftheozarkshalfmarathon.com.