To keep its community safe ahead of flu season, Ozarks Healthcare will hold a flu vaccine clinic.
To keep its community safe ahead of flu season, Ozarks Healthcare will hold a flu vaccine clinic at its family medicine clinic in Gainesville, Missouri, on Monday, October 25, from 9 a.m. to noon.
Flu vaccines will be available with no appointment necessary during the designated time frame mentioned above and are covered by most health insurance plans with no copay. They will also be available for $25 for those without insurance. Ozarks Healthcare pharmacists will also be on site to offer additional immunizations, including booster doses of the Pfizer/Comirnaty COVID-19 vaccine (available to those who may be eligible).
Those interested in receiving pneumonia, shingles, and/or tetanus vaccines, which are covered under most insurance plans, may also call Ozarks Healthcare Gainesville at 417-679-4613 to schedule any of these vaccinations during the flu vaccine clinic.
As a reminder, these vaccines are recommended for the following groups:
- Influenza (flu) – Recommended for those age 6 months and older, every year during flu season, including pregnant women during any trimester
- Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine – Initial and secondary doses recommended for those 16 and older, booster doses are recommended for those who received the initial two doses of the Pfizer vaccine at least six months ago and who meet the following requirements:
- People 65 years and older and residents in long-term care settings should receive a booster
- People age 50–64 years with underlying medical conditions should receive a booster
- People age 18–49 years with underlying medical conditions may receive a booster
- People age 18-64 years who are at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting (e.g. frontline medical workers, teachers, and first responders) may receive a booster
- Shingles – Recommended for adults age 50 and older, including adults who have had shingles or got the previous shingles vaccine (Zostavax)
- Pneumococcal (Pneumonia) – Recommended for all adults age 65 or older
- Tetanus and Whooping Cough – Recommended for all babies, children, preteens, and adults
For more information, please call Ozarks Healthcare Gainesville at 417-679-4613.