As of July 2021, due to the continuing COVID-19 pandemic, Ozarks Healthcare will be limiting the number of participants in its job shadow program. If your participation is an academic requirement, please call the Education Department at 417-257-6793, and they will do their best to accommodate you.
Job Shadow Program
Ozarks Healthcare is proud to offer a job shadowing program for those seriously interested in a future career in health care. The program will offer shadowing experience to individuals interested in learning about a specific area of health care. Participants will have the opportunity to experience the workplace setting as well as the duties performed by the health care worker they are shadowing, however, they will not be permitted to take part in hands-on patient care.
Who Is Eligible to Participate
- 15 years of age or older and at least a sophomore in high school. (17 and under require parent or guardian signature)
- College Students
- Individuals exploring a possible career change
Note: The program limits shadowing to 16 hours per year. The hours reset on January 1 of each year.
Job shadows will report to Education Services, located at #21 Parkway Center, West Plains, Mo, 65775 on the day of the shadow. The job shadow will bring the application and all required documents stated in the packet. Job shadows are required to sign a confidentiality form and show documentation of up-to-date immunizations for the protection of our patients. Job Shadows will receive a badge for the day of the shadow once all paperwork is approved.
All requests for job shadowing must be received two weeks prior to observation day.
Requests are considered on an individual basis. Approval of the request is at the discretion of the office or department manager/supervisor with consideration of the unit’s staffing resources, the nature of the patient population, and the procedures performed.
Rules of Conduct for Job Shadows
Please remember, you are a guest and will be expected to behave in a courteous and respectful manner. If at any time during the job shadow you are not acting in a courteous manner, you may be asked to leave. Students must behave in a professional manner at all times: courteous, prompt, and reliable.
Dress Code for Job Shadow
- No jeans, sweatpants, or shorts
- No tank tops or bare midriffs
- No sandals or flip flops
- No dangling jewelry
- No ball caps or hats
- If you have long hair, make sure it is pulled back
- If you have scrubs, you can wear them. If not, the dress is business casual
Job Shadows are NOT
- An opportunity to actively participate in patient care or practice clinical skills
- A formal educational experience (student practicum or internship)
- Part of the interview process of a potential employee
- Intended for international providers or professionals working toward US licensure.
Thank you for your interest in our job shadowing program! Whether you are a high school student, college student, or an individual exploring a second career, we welcome your interest in exploring a health care career!!
Apply for a Job Shadow